On the death of a life insured, you can claim one or more of the benefits listed below, up to a combined maximum of the On-Call Plus benefit amount.
For only R10 per month per life insured you can add On-Call Plus, and have these exciting extra benefits. To claim, you must phone 0861 235 664.
Premium-payback may also apply:
If the full On-Call Plus benefit of a life insured is claimed as instantGroceries™, the benefit amount will be increased by an amount equal to all the premiums paid for the On-Call Plus benefit of that life insured – this is known as our premium-payback.
For full provisions about Assupol's On-Call support click here
- Valid claims are paid within minutes after your claim has been registered.
- An electronic voucher, we call it a wiCode, will be sent to the cellphone nominated by you or your beneficiary.
- The benefit you choose can be spent at participating shops countrywide, there are thousands – this includes Boxer, Checkers, Pick n Pay and Shoprite.
- You spend it at one or more of these shops by using a wiCode that we will send to the cellphone nominated by you or your beneficiary
- If the full amount is not spent at a shop at one time, a new wiCode will be sent for the balance to be spent at another time.
- We will send a code to the cellphone nominated by you or your beneficiary, to be used on your pre-paid electricity meter.
Vehicle rental or cash for transport
- Vehicle rental at discounted rates from rental companies contracted by us.
- The vehicle rental is subject to the contract provisions of the rental company. The most important of these are that you must have a valid driver’s licence, pay a deposit for toll-fees and fuel, and sign a letter accepting responsibility for traffic fines and insurance excesses for damage to the vehicle.
- A credit card is not needed. The deposit can be paid in cash or by debit card.
- Instead of renting a vehicle, you can ask for cash and use it to pay for a bus, train or any other form of transport.
- Airtime from any network provider.
- We will send it to the cellphone nominated by you or your beneficiary.
- If you or your beneficiary chooses to receive the On-Call Plus benefit in cash, it will be paid when the funeral benefit is paid.
- If the benefit amount and premium for your funeral cover increase yearly, the benefit amount and premium for On-Call Plus increase yearly by the same percentage. The On-Call Plus benefit amount is R2 500 in the first year of the benefit.
- On-Call Plus benefits will not be paid if the life insured dies of natural causes or commits suicide within six months after the cover for that life insured started.